Top 3 Reasons Why I Write



Today marks National Day on Writing, so in honor of today I decided to write a post on #WhyIwrite

As most of you may know I’m the author of “leaving Jade”, but for those of you who don’t know I will shamelessly put in an advertisement for you to order it here at this link! You will not only enjoy it, but I’m positive that it will inspire you in some way. And plus it’s on sale on Kindle so it’s a win-win situation!

OK…now that my advertisement plug is out of the way that brings me to the reason of me writing this post.

Since a young girl I’ve loved to write and it’s always intrigued me. I guess writing you could say also matches my personality. Being an introvert most of my thoughts are inside of my head, and when it comes time for me to release all of those thoughts, writing them down is my biggest preference of doing so. There are so many reasons why I love to write, but for this post I’m going to talk about my top three.

Reason #1
Escape from reality
Similar to how I feel when I read a book, when I get into the mode of writing it’s like everything else around me disappears. I become so immersed with the world I’m creating through words that it can be a bit of a mini vacation from all of the commotion that could be going on. It’s a great time for me to take my mind off of whatever obligations or duties that could be stressors in my life at the moment.

Reason #2
The stories you can create
For me, as a writer the stories I create becomes an extraordinary journey as I navigate through it all to convey a message. When it comes to writing the stories you can create are endless. When I read the stories of other author’s I’m so bemused that they could even come up with some of their unique ideas. The twist and turns keeps you turning through the pages and you sincerely feel like the characters you are reading about are real. I love that each story I write is another opportunity for me to become better and better in my gifting.

Reason #3
Using writing for positivity
If it wasn’t for God and writing I don’t think I would’ve made it through my middle and high school years. Writing can definitely be used as a positive outlet for emotions, feelings and thoughts. Not only is it positive for the writer but writing can also be positive for the reader. Writing can inspire others, convey messages and be used to change the world. There are so many positive attributes of writing.

So that wraps up my top 3 reasons for why I love writing. Although I love writing it comes with its challenges as well, which is finding the time to do it. I'm prayerful that one day writing can actually become my full time job, with faith and works I'm hopeful it will be that way.

Be on the look out for more projects coming soon!

Love and happiness, 


Shaniqua

No comments

Back to Top