Life After College


So this past August, about two months ago, I graduated from the University of Central Florida with my bachelor's degree! It feels like it's been such a long time coming, when the  moment finally came to walk across that stage I was in somewhat of  a disbelief. After almost giving up, praying to God to see me through, long hours of studying, and what seemed like endless semesters of counting down credits, I'm finally done. I was too excited that day, feeling like I could conquer anything, but then of course when a few weeks passed and you're wondering how you going to pay back all of those student loans the real world kicks in.

I've finished college...now what?

Yeah I can always continue my education and go for my Master's, but I really want to be sure that's the next step for me to take. In this season of my life I'm learning I need to seek the voice of God more than ever. Me being first generation, I'm proud of the fact that I finished my Bachelor's, but at the same time I don't want it all going to waste.

I'm going to get real honest in my upcoming blogs and talk more about some of my college experience, my regrets and what I have learned.

Love this woman, my mom, one of my best supporters in life.
For the mean time I'm really happy to be done with school, and I'm focusing on what it is that I really want to do in life. Of course my passion for writing isn't going anywhere, and I do plan on kicking that into full gear. But now that I'm finished with school my main focus is finding a full time JOB!

I'm happy to share my journey with those who are maybe in a similar situation. Don't give up, something good is in your future. Success doesn't always come easy, just like I learned that it takes time and dedication to get a degree it's the same for my other pursuits.

At times I'll admit I began to doubt my ability to become that best selling author or business owner that I dream to be, but with God and hard work it's going to happen!

Life after college has been a real eye opener for me. I'm excited for my journey and through the up's and down's I know that God is right beside me, even though it may not always feel like it. If we seek God first, He's sure to light the way.

♥ Shaniqua
Woo hoo! So happy to be done!

No comments

Back to Top